it doesn't need to be anymore.
@bhauman: While looking into dependency issues that might be causing that problem, I noticed that devcards depends on react 0.13.1-0, but sablono depends on a more recent version 0.13.3.-0.
I was about to submit a pull request syncing them… then realized there’s a few other more recent dependencies.
Any objections to my sending a PR updating reagent, react, ClojureScript and OM? If not, do I version it as 0.2.0-4?
Hmpf. So I was about to release this on Gitlab, to give them a fair shake, then they started returning 503. 😞
OK, they’re back. :simple_smile: https://gitlab.com/ricardojmendez/khroma-tests/
@bhauman: Cool, I’ll send it in later today. I take it you’re fine with v 0.2.0-4.
This isn't high priority or anything but wanted to report it. I tried Clojure 1.8.0-beta1 in my devcards app and running lein figwheel results in the following error: https://gist.github.com/frankhale/add6053284fb955403e1
@bhauman: Yes. It was related to changes on a new namespace, which did not have devcards on
:require, just on
:require-macros. If cljsbuild had to recompile because just that one had changed, devcards did not end up being included.
It did not end up on the final khroma_test .js - I’m compiling with
@bhauman: I can try and repro again later. Did not try to confirm it regressed if I removed it again and then edited just that .cljs - was tired to chasing it.
@ricardo: yeah no worries it's a good thing to know about. This conditional code thing is going to continue to cause people problems.
If people have ideas around how to do this better I am open to it.
I may change the tutorial to be more like
(:require [devcards.core :as dc :refer-macros [defcard]]) and then mention conditional inclusion as an option
If you want the potential of having your cards inline with your prod code then mention the steps to do that. I think that will save a lot of confusion.
Let me get more familiar with it (and confirm that was indeed the problem) before I comment.
Since on this project I’m always using it, I haven’t really tried to bring them into a project where I don’t want them on production (although that’ll happen soon).
is it possible to run 'lein figwheel' and have it start an https server rather than http?
I need to write a FAQ
I don't think tunnels will work in my use case
I need to figure out a way to run a HTTPS server instead of HTTP
my app requests a secure api, injects an iframe and I need to inspect the iframe contents and cannot do that since my original protocol HTTP is different from the injected iframes protocol HTTPS
is figwheel using ring under the hood to start the server up?
I'm digging into the code now
I found the code
the princess I'm looking for isn't in that castle
I guess I need to set up a HTTPS server like nginx or lighttpd in front and proxy to my devcards app so I can make this work
Oh by the way @bhauman, khroma-tests is where I get that rendering aberration you pointed out on Twitter.
@bhauman: Confirming the build issue - it’s not a Heisenbug. If I go to khroma-tests.runtime and remove the
devcards.core reference from
:require, it does not get included on the resulting .js
@bhauman: Even further… if I remove it from other namespaces (tried
browser-action) build does go through correctly. It’s something with
@ricardo: cool! thanks, I will keep that in mind when I look at it
This is all while
lein chromebuild auto is running.
@bhauman: can't actually try tunnels yet because I can't get a working Ruby dev environment to install and work on Windows
can't build native modules
sorry for the goose chase
nah, I'm at a dead stop right now so I have plenty of time to troubleshoot this ruby install 😃